1. EGGS At just 70 calories each and 6.3 grams of protein, eggs are one of the rare foods that naturally contain Vitamin D. And no…you don’t have to drink them raw! In fact by cooking them, your body is able to process twice the amount of protein!
2. QUINOA Brown rice who? Quinoa provides your body with all the carbs of brown rice but also contains far more vitamins, nutrients, protein and fibre. (Plus- it’s so much quicker to prepare…oh yeah!)
3. BANANAS Not just super sweet and delicious but also loaded with all the good kinds of carbs you need after a workout. Help restore your body’s glycogen and potassium levels by eating a banana post workout.
4. SALMON High in protein and healthy fat-Omega-3, salmon will help rebuild your muscles and increase performance.
5. BLUEBERRIES Of course fresh is best, but we won’t be picky as studies show that blueberries can triple the rate of recovery after an intense workout and give your body bulk antioxidants.
6. WHOLE GRAIN PITA & HOMMUS A great “meat-free”, high protein option that is super easy to prepare. The protein and slow release carbs from both the chickpeas and pita will keep your energy up after a hard workout.
7. DRIED FRUIT & NUTS A good “go to” if you’re pushed for time. A handful or two (no more) will deliver a quick hit of carbs and protein.
8. PINEAPPLE Pineapples are high in vitamin C- a vitamin that helps to repair tissue.
9. SWEET POTATOES Not only do sweet potatoes fuel us with a healthy dose of carbs, but provide a combination of vitamins, such as B6, C +D and nutrients, including magnesium and potassium.
10. KIWI FRUIT Kiwi fruit contains huge amounts of Vitamin C and potassium, not to mention they’re loaded with antioxidants which help combat muscle soreness. * For the extreme: Eat the skin also as it holds the most nutrients!
11. BODYWORKS PROTEIN SHAKE With so many different blends and formulas available, Bodyworks has something to suit your nutrition needs and training goals. Whether you are looking to lean up, gain muscle, recover more quickly or assist your body to perform at it’s peak