(Pasta-stuffed peppers cut into jack-o-lanterns. Made with raw zucchini or brown rice spaghetti and smothered in a 5 minute simple raw red sauce.)
Original Recipe Taken from: http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2012/10/stuffed-jack-o-lanterns/
Author: Leanne Vogel
Recipe Type: Vegan, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Sugar-free, Yeast-free, Corn-free, Nut-free
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Total time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 5.8
Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
Sodium: 181 mg
Carbs: 26 g
Dietary Fiber: 6.8 g
Sugars: 14.4 g
Protein: 5 g
•4 medium zucchinis, cut into noodle shape OR 8 oz. gluten-free brown rice spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions
Raw red sauce:
•1 large hot house tomato
•½ cup (85 grams) sun dried tomatoes, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
•½ red pepper
•¼ red onion
•¼ cup fresh basil leaves
•2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, soaked for a couple of hours
•2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
•1½ teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce
•1½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
•1 clove garlic
•1 pitted medjool date
•¼ teaspoon sea salt
•Ground black pepper, to taste
1. Begin preparing pasta. Once cooked, set aside.
2. Meanwhile, carve faces in capsicums. To do this, cut a round section on the top of the capsicum Discard the seeds and scrape away the insides. Being very careful, begin to carve the jack-o’-lantern face. When complete, set aside.
3. To prepare pasta sauce – add all ingredients to the bowl of your food processor. Process for 1 minute, or until smooth.
4. Transfer to a large bowl, add pasta and stir to coat.
5. Divide pasta amongst prepared capsicums and pull strands of pasta through the mouths or eyes of the jack-o-lanterns.