HOW TO TONE THE TRICEPS WITH TRICEP DIPS.
Triceps are the muscles that run on the backside of your upper arm, from your shoulder to your elbow. This seems to be the problem area for many women (including myself). There is nothing worse than waving goodbye to someone, only to find your tuck-shop lady arms jiggling with every move!
There are many different exercises you can perform to tone your arms. One simple way, and a personal favourite of mine, is to complete a basic body-weight exercise called triceps dips. Why are they my favourite? Because you can do tricep dips anywhere and at any time as they don’t require much equipment- you can use a park bench, stairs or even do them on the ground.
So how are tricep dips executed correctly?
- position your hands shoulder width apart on a secured bench or stable chair
- slide your butt off the from of the bench with your legs extended out in front of you
- straighten your arms, keeping a little bend in the elbows to keep tension on your triceps and off your elbow joints
- Slowly bend your elbows to lower your body toward the floor until your elbows are at about a 90-degree angle. Be sure to keep your back close to the bench!
- Once you reach the bottom of the movement, press down into the bench to straighten your elbows, returning to the starting position. This completes one rep.
- Keep your shoulders down as you lower and raise your body.
– If extended legs is proving too difficult, bend your knees and bring your feet closer to the bench/chair to make it easier.
Try to complete 15 to 20 reps per set and aim to do two to three sets and FEEL THE BURN!