- Walking on the spot during commercial breaks burns as average of 148 calories and results in around 2100 steps taken in 25 minutes or so of TV viewing!
- People burned, on average, an additional 400 calories by sleeping for 3 extra hours- an extra 2,800 calories burned in a week.
- Genuine voiced laughter increases energy expenditure and heart rate by 20% above resting values. Laughing for 10-15 minutes a day could increase energy expenditure by 10-40 calories.
- Drinking 500mL of water increased metabolic rate by 30% in both men and women.
- Cold weather boosts caloric burn! In most middle-aged and young people, non-shivering thermogenesis increases up to 30% in response to mild cold exposure.