10 WEEK GOAL: Train Insane & Eat to Grow. Increase Muscle Mass whilst maintaining a relatively low body fat percentage. Date: 31st July 2016 | Day: 70 of 70 (+7) | Current Weight: 53.8kgs
This morning, before my fasted cardio session at the gym, I weighed in at 53.8kgs, a gain of 200g this week!? Although I was least expecting a rise on the scales, I need to remind myself that the goal is to lose body fat during this cutting phase. Therefore, I need not pay attention to the scales. I’m feeling leaner and hoping that my BF% is less, although I haven’t had another scan yet so can’t say for sure!
It’s been a good week though so with only a week to go of this “Transformation” and only another 2 weeks before my next photo shoot… it’s time to step it up a little in the gym and kitchen!
THIS WEEKS EATING:
– I am still loving the meal plan for the cutting phase. I actually don’t feel like I’m cutting at all! It’s great to still have a decent carb intake so that I am not feeling fatigued or famished in the slightest.
– Love my high fat/low carb breakfast. I went out for breakfast on Saturday morning and it was so easy to stick to my usual plan. There is nothing better than being social and enjoying a meal out with friends and family and not feeling restricted or guilty.
– I absolutely HATED my refeed day… eating what felt like so many “cheats” in one day was torture.
– I loved eating my protein pancakes for breakfast, it made an awesome change to salmon and green veg. I also didn’t mind the protein oats I got to have as my pre workout meal but by the time my pre-bed ice-cream came around, I was just not in the mood. But I was dedicated to the plan, drove to Baskin Robbins and slammed on the biggest cone I could get my hands on (restricted myself with my choices though as I still needed it to fit my macros)
– I just wish I could have spread them out over the week so I could have a little treat each day rather than all on one. Not that they were cheats, but as oats etc are not part of my usual diet… it felt like a treat and just messed with my mind a little.
THIS WEEKS TRAINING:
– Smashed some serious sessions this week at the gym.
– Finally got to have another training session with Zac. We training glutes for 30mins and I nearly died. Seriously, I completely lost my breath (felt totally winded) and actually cried in the last 5 minutes haha
– I love being pushed outside of my comfort zone. I like to think that I am pretty competitive with myself and don’t let myself give in… but Zac takes it to a whole new level!
– I have really been trying to focus and zone in on my “mind to muscle” activation this week to really zone in on each muscle group that I am training.
– Have loved using my LISS training sessions to meet up with and walk with my friends. Brooke and Danni have been an awesome cardio distraction this week.
– Although my training has been great this week, next week I will be stepping up my game.
– Morning fasted cardio which was once a combo of LISS and HIIT sessions will now be all HIIT. I need to move some of this stubborn body fat around my hips and core so will be cutting my 45min LISS sessions to 30min HIIT sessions.
– My strength training will be mixed around a little this week just with some extra appointments and things going on in my schedule, but hopefully it will look a little like this…
MONDAY AM: HIIT (fasted) | MONDAY PM: Quads & Calves
TUESDAY AM: HIIT (fasted) | TUESDAY PM: Upper Body Circuit (low weight + high reps)
WEDNESDAY AM: HIIT (fasted) | WEDNESDAY PM: Back & Bis
THURSDAY AM: HIIT (fasted) & Core Class | THURSDAY PM: Shoulders
FRIDAY PM: Hamstrings & Glutes
SATURDAY AM: LISS (fasted) SUNDAY PM: Lower Body Circuit (low weight + high reps)
SUNDAY AM: HIIT (fasted) | SUNDAY PM: Chest & Tris
This is my last week working with Nathan Rocks as my coach as part of the “10+1” week Transformation Package that I signed up for. I can’t wait to post some side-by-side pics next week to see my progress. Last week to smash it and make myself proud!