EHPLABS CREA-8- UNFLAVOURED.
BENEFITS OF THIS SUPP:
Studies suggest that creatine monohydrate:
– increases workout intensity
– Increases muscle strength and size
– enhances recovery
– increases fat-free mass
– improved anaerobic strength
– increased power
– enhances brain function
– Creatine Monohydrate is a combination of three different amino acids: glycine, arginine and methionine.
– Red meat provides a fairly substantial amount of creatine so for those of us who choose not to consume red meat or don’t like red meat, creatine could be even more important in your diet.
WHEN TO CONSUME CREATINE:
– There is a HUGE debate around Creatine and the best times to take it: pre? post? intra? Many studies have been done but none have provided substantial evidence one way or another!
So, following my coaches instructions and of course the labels on the product, I would suggest that you consume 5 grams of CREA-8 with 240 ml of water or mix with your post workout protein shake. – Some people suggest doing a “loading phase” of a week when you first start using creatine in your diet. If your coach suggests you do this, or if you would rather do a loading phase- then EHP Labs suggest that you consume 10 grams of CREA-8 pre and post workout with water.
– I personally didn’t do a loading phase, I simply consume 3-5g of Crea-8 after my workout either mixed in with left over BCAAs or in my post workout shake.
– To be honest, I was sceptical with supplementing with creatine. As the studies are neither here or there on the best times to take it and how to use it, I wasn’t sure if this was delving a little too deep out of my comfort zone. However, since using Crea-8 (around 2-3months) I have certainly noticed an increase in muscle mass. Although hard to determine whether or not that muscle increase is purely from nutrition and training or creatine as well, but I’m feeling good using the product and will continue to use creatine whilst my goals are to gain muscle.
In saying that, I will not be consuming creatine in my supp stack for the next 2-4weeks whilst I am “cutting” for a photo shoot. Creatine has been known to “flood your muscles” which means your muscles hold water to look fuller and bigger. As I want to look as lean as possible for my shoot, I will be trying to deplete my retention of water.
Of course, everyone is different. Our bodies respond differently to different supplements so whilst some people like to use creatine during a cut, it totally depends on you and your body! I guess you’ll never know what gains it may give you if you don’t try it!