There is quantifiable research suggesting that outdoor exercise provides greater benefits than sweating indoors.
Most of us are aware of the benefits of working out, but incase you need the reminder, here is my top 10!
1) Makes you feel happier
2) Good for your bone density
3) Aids in healthy weight loss
4) Increases energy
5) Reduces rush of chronic disease and illnesses
6) Helps keep your brain functioning well
7) Helps build muscle, which helps you move with ease
8) Helps you to sleep better
9) Works with your metabolism
10) Can reduce pain.
Yep, there are a million more reasons too, but I promised my top 10, so there you have it. Now back to working out outdoors- who knew that it actually provides even better benefits that our regular sweat sessions!
In one study, researchers found that exercising outdoors was associated with greater feelings of revitalization, increased energy and positive engagement, together with decreases in tension, confusion, anger and depression. Participants also reported greater enjoyment and satisfaction with outdoor activity.
So, the next time it’s an absolutely gorgeous day outside (like it was today in Ohio) & you’re dreading being stuck in the gym, take your workout outside instead and see how you feel!