𝟝 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘:
1. Define the purpose of the vacation- is it to partake in adventures & experiences OR inhale bulk foods OR to take a break from your busy life/job/kids?
2. Clarify when your vacation starts & ends. Is it on the plane, on the way to airport? Know the parameters of when to relax & let your hair down & when to allow yourself some treats or fruity drinks. Just don’t let the 3 day vacay turn into 2 weeks of “lose” tracking & indulging! (We’ve all been there!)
3. Decide what progress means to you on vacay? If you didn’t vacay to lose weight, then don’t jump on the scale! Celebrate the small victories: perhaps you waked more or tried a new cuisine. Did you do something adventurous or practice self control at the cruise dessert bar! (Power to you)
4. Eat to enjoy. On vacay, we tend to eat out a lot more than we would at home & that’s ok #vacaymode BUT decide what & why you’re eating to help you choose wisely. Are you eating because you’re hungry? Then order something substantial. Are you eating just to try something new? Maybe split it with your travel buddy!
5. Remind yourself of the following- “just like a few days of eating well won’t make you skinny, a few days of eating off won’t make you fat!” Enjoy yourself… every single moment!