*makes 4 serves
=316 calories per serve
P32g | C13g | F16g
- 400g zucchini, thinly sliced
- 100g onion, chopped
- 5g minced garlic (or 2 cloves of garlic) finely chopped
- 500g lean ground turkey/ chicken
- 1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup tomato & basil pasta sauce
- 60g low fat mozzarella cheese
- 6-7 leaves fresh basil, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cook garlic and onions over medium/high heat for a few minutes or until onion becomes trasnparent.
- Add mince of choice and cook until fully cooked, then drain fat.
- Line a casserole dish with baking paper or spray with olive oil spray.
- Place sliced zucchini evenly on base of dish to form the bottom layer.
- Top the zucchini layer with a layer of mince mixture, followed by a layer of sauce, then ricotta, and finally the mozzarella, until evenly dispersed and spread on the surface.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all ingredients have been used.
- Sprinkle fresh basil on top and bake for 50 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from oven, let it cool for a few minutes then serve.
- Feel free to sprinkle a little parmesan on top and enjoy! SERVING SUGGESTIONS:
*NOTE THESE ARE NOT INCLUDED IN ABOVE MACROS
- add mushrooms, olives or eggplant too!
- greek salad
- roast potatoes
- garlic bread