*4 serves =350 calories per serve
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2x onions, chopped finely
- 2x carrots, diced
- 2x celery stalks, diced
- 2x garlic cloves, crushed
- 700g diced chicken breast (or beef blade steak)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup passata sauce
- 1.5 cups water
- 1x chicken stock cube
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1x egg, lightly whisked
1. Preheat oven to 140 and chop vegetables as required.
2. Heat half the oil in a frying pan over moderately high heat. Add carrot, onion, celery and garlic to pan. Cook until soft.
3. Transfer mixture to an ovenproof dish.
4. Combine chicken and flour in a plastic food bag. Shake until chicken is evenly coated in flour.
5. Fry in pan over high heat until browned. Remove from heat and add to vegetable mixture, stirring to combine.
6. Add pasta, water, and stock to pan and bring to boil.
7. Pour sauce over chicken & veg mix.
8. Cover and bake for approximately 45minutes, stirring halfway.
9. Remove from oven and stand for 15 minutes.
10. Increase oven temperature to 200 degrees.
11. Add peas and salt/ pepper to taste.
12. Separate mixture evenly into 4 pie pots.
13. Using edge of plate as stencil, cut pastry into circle templates and add to the top of each pot pie.
14. Brush egg mix onto of pastry and back for a further 10-15 minutes until brown.
15. Serve and enjoy,