=200 calories per serve
- 500g chicken breast, cubed
- 500g button mushrooms, sliced
- 5 shallots (scallions) chopped
- 1 cauliflower, cut in to florets
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch chives chopped (keep some to garnish!)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL: parmesan cheese or grated macadamias to serve.
Chopped & ready
SOOO much risotto
Read to serve
Plenty of leftovers, ready to share!
- In a food processor, whiz the cauliflower florets until they resemble rice, or grate them instead.
- Set aside.
- In a deep saucepan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and cook until soft.
- Add the diced chicken and cook for 8 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Add the cauliflower, mushrooms, chives, tomatoes, stock and coconut milk and stir well.
- Allow to simmer, cover and turn heat down to low.
- Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes or until the mushrooms are nice and soft.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with OPTIONAL grated macadamias/cheese and an extra sprinkle of chives!
*NOTE: calories above do not include optional items.
RECIPE INSPIRATION FROM THE MERRYMAKER SISTERS.