*serves 2-3 people =310 calories per serve
- 2x medium sweet potatoes (thinly sliced)
- turkey mince
- small green capsicum
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 can of diced tomatoes
- mixed herbs
- chilli powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- cottage cheese (or greek yoghurt!)
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- avocado (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
2) Toss or spray sliced sweet potatoes with olive oil or coconut oil.
3) Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper
4) Place sweet potatoes on an oven tray lined with baking paper
5) Bake for about 45 minutes until the potatoes become a light golden brown or become crispy.
6) While the sweet potatoes are baking, heat a pan with some olive oil and sauté the onion, capsicum, diced tomatoes
7) Once the onion becomes translucent, set aside
8) Place turkey mince in a pan with the cumin, chilli powder and mixed herbs. Cook until cooked through.
9) Add the previous ingredients and sauté for a few minutes then allow it to simmer.
10) Once sweet potatoes are done, place them on a plate and top with turkey mix, chopped cherry tomatoes, cottage cheese and avocado.