*serves 4 1x Green + 1x Red + 1x Yellow + 1x Blue + 1x Teaspoon
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast, 93% lean or more
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups all-natural tomato sauce, no salt or sugar added
- Grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, gluten-free
- 11⁄2 tsp. hot sauce
- salt & pepper
- OPTIONAL: low-sodium sprouted whole-grain bread (like Ezekiel®)
- Finely chopped fresh parsley (for garnish; optional)
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper to pan & cook until onion is translucent
- Remove from pan and set aside
- Add turkey to pan & cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently to break up the turkey
- Once turkey is cooked through, add in garlic, onion mixture, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stir in tomato sauce and toss to combine
- Reduce heat to medium-low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Place a slice of bread on each serving plate & top with turkey mixture (approx. 1 cup).
- Sprinkle each serving evenly with parsley (or in this case, cheddar cheese) before serving.
*NOTE THESE ARE NOT INCLUDED IN ABOVE MACROS
Serve Turkey Sloppy Joes over 1 cup zucchini noodles (zoodles), or any steamed vegetables
CONTAINER COUNT: 2x Green+ 1x Red + 1x Teaspoon