- 4 oz phyllo dough (1/2 of an 8oz package), thawed
- Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 50mL Walden Farms Sugar Free Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup crumbled goats cheese
- 16 ounces white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in the microwave
- Separate the phyllo into 4 layers
- Brush each layer with 1 lightly beaten egg and stack each layer on top of each other
- Cut into 12-16 squares, then using your fingers, mould them into muffin tins
- Bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown
- Fill with the following mixture.
- Coat pan with olive oil and butter and heat on medium high heat until oil is simmering
- Add the sliced onions and stir until they are evenly coated in oil/ butter
- Stir onions occasionally until transparent
- Stir in Walden Farms Raspberry Vinaigrette and let simmer
- Continue to cook until brown, scrap bottom of pan to ensure full flavour.
- Keeping pastry cups in muffin tin to keep them from crumbling, add crumbled goats cheese to each and lightly pat down to line the base
- Add pan fried mushrooms to onion mixture and toss to combine
- Spoon mushroom & onion mixture into each shell until full
- OPTIONAL: Bake for a further 5-10 minutes so that cheese melts and mixture settles into shells.
- Serve & enjoy!
RECIPE INSPIRATION FROM THE BROWN EYED BAKER!