*serves 8 =170 calories per serve (C19g |F7g | P8g)
- 1 Broccoli, cut
- 1 cup Cranberries, fresh
- 2 Beets, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2.5 cups broth
- 1 cup Organic Quinoa
- 3/4 cup Wild Rice
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil or avocado oil
- 50g Pumpkin Seeds
- 50g Sunflower seeds
- 1 cup Feta crumbles
- Rinse, chop, and prep vegetables
- Put vegetables, quinoa, wild rice, broth, fresh cranberries, and herbs/spices into crock pot
- Pour broth and lemon juice on top and mix thoroughly
- NOTE: If you want somewhat crisp broccoli- do not add it to the crock pot until 30 minutes cooking time left!
- Place on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours
- Once complete & quinoa is fluffy, remove and place all contents into a large serving bowl
- Mix in the remaining pilaf ingredients: seeds, feta and any extra fresh raw vegetables you might want to use up and top with fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge (covered) until ready to serve.
ORIGINAL RECIPE FOUND AT: http://www.cottercrunch.com/crock-pot-quinoa-pilaf/