*serves 3-4 =230 calories per serve (C38g |F4g | P11g)
- 200g uncooked rice (better still a rice/quinoa blend)
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- olive oil
- 50mL Bragg liquid aminos
- 150g onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 100g celery, chopped
- 100g carrots, chopped
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 100g broccoli, chopped
- 50g corn kernals
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL: protein of choice: chicken, tuna, shrimp, beef, turkey
- Boil rice in chicken stock
- Prepare an oven tray with parchment paper
- Remove from heat and lay flat onto baking paper. Refrigerate over night or for several hours. This will allow the rice to “dry out” which allows it to soak up all the delicious flavours.
- Heat a wok on medium/ high, spray with olive oil and sauté vegetables until no longer crisp
- Toss rice in olive oil and add to vegetables in wok
- Add liquid amino, herbs and spices
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with a fork until yolks and whites are combined
- In a separate pan, pour in egg and either scramble or make a flat omelette, prior to cutting into thin strips and placing on top of fitness fried rice
- Toss to combine
- Serve with your favourite protein & enjoy.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS:*NOTE THESE ARE NOT INCLUDED IN ABOVE MACROS
- add any vegetables you like- asian greens would be delightful!
- if you like bit of heat- add some chilli flakes or hot sauce for more BANG!